MUMBAI – Toyota Motor Corp.’s Indian strategy has been under wraps for some time, but details slowly are emerging and one of them is confirmation that a new global small car could be produced here first. Toyota Chairman Fujio Cho, who visited New Delhi last week as a member of a business delegation led by Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe, says the auto maker currently is developing a low-cost small car for the emerging BRIC markets: Brazil, Russia, India and China; and possibly for ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.