MUMBAI – Car and utility vehicle exports and auto parts supplies to global companies are providing a new dimension to India’s auto industry. The Society of Indian Automobile Manufacturers (SIAM) reports Indian car makers are doing better in foreign markets than at home. Vehicle exports in the last four years have jumped 157%, from 28,000 units to 72,000. Market analysts CLSA estimates they will reach 180,000 in another two years. Ford Ikon leads vehicle exports in India. The ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.