NEW DELHI – With the imminent exit of the Indian government from the small car-making joint venture, Maruti Udyog Ltd., partner Suzuki Motor Corp. soon will find itself soundly in the driver’s seat. With full freedom, Suzuki is set to transform Maruti. Although Suzuki and the government have been equal partners in the company, it has become clear over the last 10 years that the government lacks the resources, expertise and inclination to compete in India’s highly competitive automobile ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.