MUMBAI – Seven of India’s 13 major auto makers saw sales rise a combined 47% in February to 119,606 vehicles. General Motors India Ltd. deliveries surged 81%, followed by Hyundai Motor India Ltd. up 74%; Maruti Udyog Ltd. up 62%; and Honda Siel Cars India up 60%. Although modest by comparison, sales of Ford Motor India Ltd. vehicles rose 27%, Tata Motors Co. Ltd.’s sales jumped 19% and Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd. gained 18%. Car buyers were unwilling to wait for the fiscal 2007-2008 ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.