MUMBAI – Although the Indian car market saw relatively slow growth of 6% last year, the commercial vehicle market shot up 27%, light commercial vehicles 32% and motorcycles by a whopping 45%. AB Volvo, so far, is only truck maker to venture into India's commercial market. It comes as no surprise, therefore, that auto makers now are trying to diversify, making forays into the fast-growing commercial vehicle segment. India’s Tata Engineering already was a truck and bus maker ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.