MUMBAI – India’s passenger-vehicle sales, including exports, continued May’s pace, rising 11.8% in June to 153,633 passenger cars and utility vehicles, compared with year-ago. Among the segments, midsize sedan sales climbed 25% to 24,787, compact cars rose 10% to 87,493 and utilities increased 2.8% to 30,327 in the period. Despite June’s double-digit growth, the upswing trailed seven years of a 21% annual rise in the period. Maruti Suzuki India Ltd., Hyundai Motor India Ltd. and Tata ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.