MUMBAI – India’s auto makers sold 123,684 cars and utility vehicles in December, a 23% increase over year-ago, delivering more than 1.5 million passenger vehicles for entire 2006, 17.7% ahead of 2005. Auto makers initially expected the month to be lean, but sales incentives and the possibility of a price hike in January made December one of the market’s best-selling months. With this last-minute performance, the auto industry marked a third successive 23% compound annual growth rate ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.