MUMBAI – The Tata Indica car will sell as the Rover Indica in Europe next year. The alliance follows a long period of negotiations between India's Tata Engineering and Locomotive Co. Ltd. and the U.K.’s MG Rover Ltd (see related story: Tata Indica Seeks Global Partner). Tata Indica Under the agreement, Tata in late 2003 will begin exporting 12,000 completely knocked-down Indica units (except the engine) annually to Rover. Rover will assemble the car in Poland and add a 1.4L ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.