JAKARTA — Despite the furor it caused the first time around, the Indonesian government reportedly is considering raising the specter of a second national car project. This time with an eye to raising the local content of domestically made vehicles. The first national car project was run by PT Timor Putra Nasional, which was headed by former President Suharto's third son, Hutomo Mandala Putra. The cars were produced in a joint venture with Kia Motors Corp. of South Korea, which shipped ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.