DETROIT – Top Nissan Motor Co. Ltd. executives admit the company’s Infiniti luxury unit is not among BMW, Mercedes-Benz and Lexus as current “Tier 1” luxury brands in the U.S. The reasons Infiniti trails its premium-maker rivals are manifold, according to Patrick Pelata Nissan executive vice president, product planning and strategy, adding that it will be “five to 10 years” before the Infiniti brand can count itself among that group. “We’re getting there,” he promises. Most of ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.