TROY, MI – Don’t look for a production version of Infiniti’s Essence supercar concept in dealer showrooms anytime soon, says a company official here. The Essence, a 600-hp rear-wheel-drive, 2-seat concept with a hybrid-electric system mated to parent Nissan Motor Co. Ltd.’s 3.7L VQ V-6, can’t be justified for production due to the weak economy, says John Weiner, director-product planning for Nissan North America’s Infiniti arm. “In this market environment, this type of car is very ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.