SAN DIEGO, CA – Nissan Motor Co. Ltd.’s Infiniti brand is expecting the new ’11 M56 sedan to garner 15% of total M sales, due to the improved power and efficiency of its 5.6L V-8 and the addition of optional all-wheel drive. Because few competitors in the M’s segment offer a V-8 and AWD, “that’s probably an opportunity,” Ben Poore, vice president-Infiniti Americas says during a recent M media event here. The Audi A6, Mercedes-Benz E-Class and Cadillac STS all offer V-8 engines and AWD. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.