CHULA VISTA, CA – The Acura ZDX and BMW X6 will be a segment of two, at least for the time being, if Nissan North America Inc.’s Infiniti has its way. The hard-to-define ZDX and X6, which most industry watchers classify as cross/utility vehicles but labeled by their makers as coupes, are “too impractical” for most buyers, an Infiniti official tells Ward’s a recent backgrounder here. “I think most people, when they buy a utility vehicle, want some utility in them. That’s the purpose of ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.