Ford Motor Co. is eying its Louisville Assembly Plant in Kentucky as a target for flexible improvements as early as December 2005, a company engineer tells Ward’s. Jacob Braslaw, technical leader-materials research and advanced engineering, says his team is working on a plan to reduce the footprint of the SUV plant’s paint shop as part of a broader program to bring the 49-year-old facility into the flexible manufacturing age. The Louisville, KY, Explorer plant is in line for flexible ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.