There is increasing urgency to rumors that General Motors Corp. is prepared to ink an engine-making deal with Honda Motor Co. Ltd. Honda proportedly will supply 4-cyl. gasoline engines for certain GM-made small cars and that Honda will purchase diesel engines made in the Isuzu Motor Co. Ltd plant in Tychy, Poland (see WEVTU — Oct. 1, '99, p1); GM owns 49% of Isuzu. Some reports suggest that GM may buy Honda's upcoming low-emissions 4-cyl. engines beginning in 2002, for fitment in GM small ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.