FORD MOTOR CO. agrees to buy Edinburgh, Scotland-based automotive repair chain Kwik-Fit Holdings Plc, for which Ford reportedly will pay $1.63 billion in cash. Kwik-Fit currently owns and operates 1,900 stores throughout Europe. Analysts believe Kwik-Fit will provide Ford with an expanded outlet for its Visteon-made parts. And as the majority of Kwik-Fit's sales are made on post-warranty repairs, Ford hopes Kwik-Fit will recoup business that tends to sidestep its dealer network. GENERAL ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.