DENSO CORP. doesn’t always get the headlines when it comes to common-rail diesel fuel injection, but it was the Japanese supplier that actually was first to market with the technology, in a commercial vehicle in 1995. Denso’s first passenger-car application of common-rail came in 1999, two years after Robert Bosch GmbH. Since ’99, Denso has won passenger car common-rail contracts with Toyota Motor Corp., Nissan Motor Co. Ltd., Mazda Motor Corp. and Saab Automobile. Denso also will supply ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.