DAIMLERCHRYSLER Corp. (DCC) engineers are preparing a “high output” version of the Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.7L SOHC V-8. The engine currently develops 245 hp, and sources say engineers are looking for at least a 40 hp increase over that figure. One DCC source says the power increase will come largely from an increased compression ratio and other modifications, not a displacement increase. The enhanced 4.7L V-8 will fill the “performance” void in the Grand Cherokee lineup (and likely for other ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.