Phase-down is underway for production of General Motors Corp.'s “Gen I” 5L and 5.7L Vortec OHV V-8s for GMT400 trucks at its St. Catherines, Ont., production site, idling about 300 employees. Timing for the Gen I to be entirely phased out at St. Catherines will depend on demand. The plant will continue to build Gen III 4.8L and 5.3L Vortec V-8s for the new GMT800 trucks, and also do machining for Gen III 5.7L Corvette (aluminum-block) V-8s. The first General Motors Corp. vehicle to use a ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.