FUJI HEAVY INDUSTRIES Ltd.'s Subaru unit says it will build a new “crossover” pickup/passenger car at its assembly plant in Lafayette, IN, beginning in late 2002. The vehicle likely will resemble the ST-X concept shown at this year's Los Angeles auto show and will be based on the all-wheel drive Legacy platform. Subaru also will spend approximately $67 million to add 4-cyl. engine production at the Lafayette site. A Subaru source says the new crossover vehicle likely will employ all-wheel ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.