THE PRESIDENT of the newly formed Mercedes-AMG GmbH says that the company plans to heavily promote high-performance versions of Mercedes cars modified by AMG. Mercedes-AMG is a newly formed joint company in which Mercedes owns 51% of formerly independent AMG; Mercedes will fully own AMG by 2007. AMG centers its modifications around larger-displacement, high-horsepower conversions of standard Mercedes engines, including a 7.3L version of the Mercedes 6L V-12 that produces 525 hp and 553 ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.