PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATE AL GORE has moved medium- and heavy duty truck fuel economy into his campaign strategy by proposing to increase spending on related research by $47 million to $142 million in the fiscal year starting this Oct. 1. The goal is demonstration prototype heavy pickups and medium duty trucks with tripled fuel economy — and Class 8 trucks with doubled fuel economy within 10 years. FORD MOTOR CO.'S got a genuine phenom on its hands with the new Explorer Sport Trac (see WEVTU ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.