Yamaha Motor Co. will begin marketing next spring the first-ever 4-stroke V-6 (3.1L) outboard motor that discharges exhaust into the vee between the cylinder banks. Intake, meanwhile, is on the outside of the cylinders, where exhaust is traditionally located. Almost immediately out of the exhaust ports, water is added to the exhaust gases — as in virtually all marine engines — for cooling of all parts exposed to hot exhaust. This design, in turn, also permits long intake tubes that ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.