Navistar International Corp.’s International Truck and Engine Corp., longtime maker of diesel engines and commercial trucks, will introduce next year an all-new line of “big-bore” diesel engines for heavy-duty trucks that use compacted graphite iron (CGI), an advanced iron formula that is stronger, yet demonstrably lighter than the conventional gray iron from which most diesel engine blocks are cast. International’s move is another boost for CGI, whose proponents have spent years ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.