AUSTIN, TX – On a winding road through the ranch lands south of the Texas capital, the Saturn Ion slings around a corner. The oncoming vehicle surprises an armadillo slowly making its way across the asphalt. The brake pedal is tapped quickly and the steering wheel is jerked right. Dust is kicked up as the Ion’s right wheels touch the dirt shoulder. Saturn Ion No thud is heard, so it appears the evasive maneuver has spared the armadillo. A quick check in the rearview mirror ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.