NEW YORK – General Motors Corp. is improving the quality of the ’05 Saturn Ion to increase sales and avert further job cuts at the Spring Hill, TN, plant where it is assembled. Materials used in the interior have been changed along with improvements in acoustics, says Lori J. Queen, GM vehicle line executive for small cars. A larger steering wheel addresses customer complaints. ’05 Saturn Ion Slow Ion sales led to the recent elimination of the third shift (about 400 workers) at the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.