VIENNA – Iran Khodro Co., Iran's largest car maker, has phased out production of the aged Paykan sedan, ending a run that began in 1967. Ironically, the Paykan is being dropped just as the car is reaching its peak, with a record 156,599 built in Iranian year 1383 (March 21, 2004-March 20, 2005). Iran Khodro Paykan Paykan's production line officially was shut down last week during a ceremony attended by Es'haq Jahangiri, minister-Industries and Mines. The minister wrote a message ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.