PARIS – Iran now is threatening to halt a second Renault SA manufacturing project, if it doesn't get its way on export demands involving 20% of the cars made there on the Renault Logan platform. Renault confirms the Ministry of Industry and Mines has said the project to make Meganes in Tehran, scheduled to begin in May, is tied to the outcome of talks on the Logan. Last May, Renault signed a contract with Pars Khodro, a subsidiary of Iran's No.2 car maker Saipa Group, to begin ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.