The Society of the Irish Motor Industry is calling on the government to exempt safety features on cars from the country’s vehicle registration tax (VRT). CEO Cyril McHugh makes the pitch in reaction to a report on road safety published by the parliamentary Joint Committee on Enterprise and Small Business. The report says the Irish system of vehicle registration tax unintentionally may be encouraging a lack of safety features on cars imported into Ireland. McHugh says the government ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.