Irish Environment Minister Dick Roche is looking to change Ireland’s automobile taxation system from a vehicle’s cubic capacity to the level of emissions it produces. He tells The Irish Independent newspaper it would be a relatively painless way to penalize those most responsible for pollution. Roche’s comments follow a major new report in the U.K. warning consumers they will have to prepare themselves for new green taxes on vehicles, fuel and air travel if a global emissions crisis is ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.