Boosted by the government cash-for-clunkers program, Irish new-car sales in September soared 93.9% to 4,330 units, from prior-year’s 2,223. The Renault Megane was Ireland’s best-selling car, with 422 units. September’s result drove 9-month deliveries up 52.3% to 83,457 new cars, from 54,805 in like-2009. Under the scrappage scheme, buyers are eligible for tax relief of €1,500 ($2,080) when a car 10 years or older is replaced with a new vehicle that emits carbon dioxide of 140 g/km or ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.