NEW YORK -- The cut in Isuzu production at the Subaru-Isuzu Automotive Inc. plant in Lafayette, IN, does not provide potential for increased Subaru production, says Fred Adcock, executive vice president of Subaru of America Inc. The two lines are separate: one is dedicated to building Isuzu trucks and the other to Subaru cars. If demand for the Subaru Legacy rises, overtime can be added to the two straight time shifts of Legacy production, Adcock says.
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.