American Isuzu Motors Inc. will have a short-box sport/utility vehicle (SUV) on the market in 2003, and it will show off a new low-priced SUV — also headed for production — at the upcoming Detroit auto show, Chief Executive Yasuyuki Sudo tells Ward's. Mr. Sudo says the Ford Explorer Sport Trac competitor will be built off a “Rodeo-type” platform. It is unclear whether this will be a platform Isuzu will share with General Motors Corp., but GM is planning a similar vehicle — codenamed the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.