The wait is over. General Motors Corp. confirms that Ed Welburn will become only the sixth person – and first minority – to head design for the auto maker in its 95-year history. Welburn, an African-American and current executive director in charge of body-on-frame architectures for GM Design, will succeed Wayne Cherry Oct. 1. Cherry will retire Jan. 1 after 42 years with GM, including 11 years as design chief. Word leaked about GM’s design succession plans during the summer. (See ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.