Jaguar North America plans to more aggressively use its racing and performance heritage to reinforce its brand, says its new president, Mike O'Driscoll. To that end, Jaguar will offer in North America for 2001 an “XKR Silverstone” high-performance version of its XK8 coupe and convertible. In addition to the standard XKR's 370-hp supercharged 4L DOHC V-8, the Silverstone adds a special handling package with massive Brembo brakes and calipers and oversized 20-in. wheels. Jaguar plans to sell ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.