COVENTRY, U.K. – The key to understanding the rationale behind Jaguar Car's all-new XJ sedan is contained in two crucial facts: The XJ is longer than all of its rivals, yet is the lightest of any car in its class. Light weight leads to superior dynamics of new XJ, Jaguar says. The ’04 XJ measures a segment-leading 119.4 ins. (3,30 cm) in wheelbase, and the aluminum entry-level XJ6 weighs in at just 3,406 lbs. (1,545 kg). Jaguar admits the introduction of aluminum monocoque ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.