DEL MAR, California, U.S.A — Jaguar Cars Ltd. has practically seen a miracle under Ford Motor Co., says Jaguar North American President Mike Dale. Only five years ago, Jaguar sold 8,600 cars in the U.S. This year the number will likely quadruple that of 1994 and climb to 36,000, about half of the 75,000 cars Jag expects to sell worldwide in '99. “It's as close as I'll see to an industrial miracle in my lifetime,” Dale says. Now after a decade under Ford, Jag has added another ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.