TOKYO – How-to books for successfully selling imported cars in Japan are not available, but the basics are simple and the sales volume need not be large. Jaguar X-Type now accounts for 56% of brand's sales in Japan. What's most important, experts say, are distinctive vehicles, not duplicated by Japanese auto makers. Back them up with effective marketing and skilled dealers and you have a winning formula. Witness what Jaguar has been able to do. "The U.S. market accounts for ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.