DETROIT – Jaguar is adding some power to its S-Type sedan lineup in 2002 with the introduction of the new S-Type R. Powered by a 4.2L supercharged V-8 delivering 400 hp at 6,100 rpm, the S-Type R propels from 0 to 60 mph (97 km/h) in just 5.3 seconds or more than one second faster than the current generation 4.0L. The S-Type R’s power is mated to the all-new ZF Friedrichschafen AG 6HP26 6-speed automatic transmission, which makes its debut in the S-Type R. The new 6-speed automatic ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.