Jaguar Cars reportedly is in negotiations with parent Ford Motor Co. over a possible injection of cash, following the British car marker’s recent reporting of a $1.1 billion loss in 2003. The Financial Times says Jaguar is asking Ford to convert $918 million worth of debt the brand owes to other Ford divisions into equity. The reports come just a year after Ford pumped $487 million into Jaguar’s operations. The recapitalization also called for Jaguar to close its Coventry, U.K., plant, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.