Two U.K. trade unions launch their latest publicity salvo against Ford Motor Co.’s decision to close Jaguar Cars’ Browns Lane assembly plant in Coventry by mid-2005. Amicus and the Transport and General Workers Union, both of which represent Jaguar workers, will demonstrate in Coventry the morning of Nov. 27. They’ll follow that up with a vote by members the week of Nov. 29 to determine whether Browns Lane workers should strike against Ford. The unions say Ford’s decision to close Browns ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.