TURIN — When Wolfgang Reitzle arrived to head up Ford Motor Co.'s Premier Automotive Group (PAG) in March 1999, Jaguar Cars planned a variety of S-Class based models. Included in the scheme were a wagon and coupe. With Jaguar's engineering resources stretched to the limit, there was even a plan to have one body, most likely the coupe, engineered and assembled in Italy by Industrie Pininfarina SpA. But after Reitzle and Jonathan Browning, Jaguar's then new managing director, reviewed ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.