Mazda Motor Corp.’s plan to deploy a fleet of hydrogen-fueled sports cars with rotary engines in Japan takes a significant step as government officials give the auto maker clearance to begin road testing the technology. Mazda’s RX-8 H2RE Mazda’s prototype RX-8 H2RE carries a dual-fuel engine offering drivers the option of running the vehicle on fuel supplied either by a gasoline or hydrogen tank, which are both onboard. The H2RE development program was announced in 2003 and Mazda says ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.