TOKYO — Car production in Japan rises for the first time in eight months in August. Production reached 706,613 units, 1.7% higher than like-2000, says the Japan Automobile Manufacturers Assn. Passenger car output rose 1.3% to 575,295 units while truck production totaled 126,488, a rise of 3.1%. Bus production improved for the fifth straight month, up 8.2% to 4,830 units. Global production of Japanese automakers Toyota Motor Corp. and Honda Motor Co. Ltd. mirrored the rise. Toyota saw ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.