TOKYO – Japan’s leading automotive lighting manufacturer believes the market is bright despite forecasts that as much as 15% of vehicle production will be shifted offshore in the next three to four years. Koito Mfg. Co. Ltd. estimates it holds 51% and 45% shares of the Japanese headlamp and taillight markets, respectively. In fiscal 2003, Koito sold an estimated 21 million units in Japan, both front and rear. The company sells lighting to all domestic vehicle makers, with top-ranked Toyota ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.