The Japan Automobile Manufacturers’ Assn. says production in Japan of cars, trucks and buses fell last December to 730,099 vehicles, a 9.5% drop from like-2000. In the last four months of 2001, production, sales and exports were below year-earlier levels. Total Japanese production was 9.77 million units in 2001, down 3.6% from 2000 and marking the first drop since 1999. December vehicle sales in Japan were 441,851, a decrease of 4.6% from the same month a year ago.
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.