BEIJING — Eager to grab a piece of the Chinese auto market, several Japanese manufacturers reportedly are planning to increase the number of their sales centers as China moves rapidly toward World Trade Organization membership. Honda Motor Co. Ltd., which recently set up a joint venture in Guangzhou province to produce Accord cars (see story, p.1), reportedly plans to increase the number of its sales centers in Shanghai, Beijing and Guangzhou from the current 43 to 120 before 2001. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.