Japanese vehicle production in November slid 20.4% to 854,171 units, for the second monthly decline in a row and the largest decrease in more than 40 years. Newly released Japan Automobile Manufacturers Assn. data shows domestic sales slipped 11.2% to 368,884 units from year-ago. Passenger-car deliveries dropped 18.9% to 295,752, and truck sales fell 15.7% to 72,241. Total vehicle exports declined 18.1% to 491,990 units. Shipments to North America fell for the fourth straight month, down ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.