Japanese new-vehicle sales tumbled 32.4% in February to 218,212 units, and a despairing Japan Automobile Dealers Assn. says it can’t see an end to the slump. Passenger-car deliveries dropped 32.2% to 194,236 units for the seventh consecutive monthly decline, while truck sales plunged 35.2% to 22,693, down for the 29th straight month. The results follow a 27.9% decline in January sales to 174,281 units, and Japan’s Kyodo News service quotes JADA as saying consumers increasingly are not ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.