TOKYO – A reality check of China's rapidly expanding automotive industry has minimized Japanese fears about serious competition, near term, at least. VW uses high-tech robots to build Passat in China. Earlier this year, Japan's powerful Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry (METI) was so concerned about the industrial colossus taking shape hundred miles to the west that experts were commissioned to analyze the growth underway in China and report back to Tokyo. Three teams ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.